Friday, March 11, 2011

Not much new around here



I finally took a picture of our house. I absolutely LOVE our neighborhood and ward. I think this is where we were supposed to be.

I am trying to get a garden going in the back yard. There is a spot just under the kitchen window that looks like it may have been used for that before. I can't tell for sure, but it's a squarish, dead spot in the grass. It's mostly mud and weeds now, but it's obvious grass hasn't been there in a while. I'm hoping it will work for a garden. It gets A LOT of water (floods very often). That can be good and bad. I don't want to drown my garden. I want to make some raised beds to help. I'm also hoping that the garden will help with the flooding. Hopefully tilling the soil will help with the drainage. I'm also a little worried about the amount of sun it gets. It is on the east side of the house so it's in direct sunlight for about 6-7 hours a day. I know that the garden would do better on the south side of the house (which would be in the sun longer), but the south side of our house is where the RV pad is supposed to be. There isn't a pad there yet, but I think it would be silly to have the RV gate access and then a garden behind it. It might hurt the resale, just a little. =)

The girls and I are supposed to be heading to Vegas this Sunday for a wedding. We'll be riding with Grandma and Papa, if we go. I'm a little torn because Claire is still sick or getting sick again. We can't have more than a day or two of a healthy house, I swear! She has her wellness check this Saturday, so I'll have the doctor check her if she is still sick.

I forgot to mention that we had Claire's birthday party this last Saturday. We celebrated at Jungle Jim's. The kids had a blast. Candice took the pictures with her camera, so I'll post some when I get copies. It really was a nice party. It's a fun place for the kids to go. If your kids don't insist on playing the arcades it can actually be a good price, too. Just make sure you check their website for coupons (we found a meal coupon that saved us like $7.00 on each pizza/soda we ordered).

I still haven't gotten any more done around the house. It takes so long to keep up the house that I can never get ahead and actually unpack. I keep hoping that the girls will finally feel better so they aren't so clingy/demanding and I'll get something done. It doesn't help when I spent 4 hours meeting up with my mom to borrow tools and then running to Home Depot. Two hours in Home Depot and I bought ONE thing! HAHA I was too shocked at the price of lumber to buy the stuff to build my garden. Instead I priced everything and redid my plans. It will save me over $300, but it's not exactly what I wanted. Oh well. I was hoping to spend less than $200 and the original cost (NOT including dirt or plants) was going to be close to $600. I couldn't believe it! I can buy a lot of tomatoes and celery for $600... haha

Alright. I better try to get Claire to bed again. She is refusing to sleep. Little squirt! Thinks just because she had a 10 minute nap at 8:30 that she doesn't have to go to bed. Well, Mommy does!! *sigh* Hopefully...

No comments: